Writing Contest: Why Do You Want to Go on Safari?
We are starting a monthly writing contest and invite you to submit your story to Holden Safaris.
Each month, our staff will pick their favorite, unique story, and the winner will be offered a $1,000 discount on any custom Safari for two people, or more, booked with Holden Safaris. This discount is valid for 12 months after winning.
WRITING CONTEST GUIDELINES
- In 650 words or less, give us your most compelling and unique reason for wanting to go on Safari.
- Give us a catchy title for your story
- Attach the story in a word document to your e-mail
- E-mail your story to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Safari Writing Contest” in the subject line.
- Jim Holden and our staff in Newport Beach and partners in East and Southern Africa, will select one winner/month
- The winner will agree to having his/her story published on our Holden Safaris blog with a photo of the author
- Any photos submitted with your story, must be your own with written permission to upload onto our website. Holden Safaris will decide whether to publish them with your story.
Here is a questionnaire to help stimulate your thought process.
Safari Planning Questionnaire
Is this your first Safari in Africa?
If “No” please list which countries you’ve visited below
How many will be traveling in your party? Year in which you prefer to travel?
What are the age ranges of those traveling? (Please put # of travelers in each category.)
0 – 10 years old
10 – 15 years old
16 – 21 years old
22 and over
What region do you want to visit? Eastern Africa Southern Africa
Which Countries do you wish to visit?
|What do you wish to experience in your safari?|
What level of safari do you prefer?
What type of accommodations do you prefer?
Month or date range in which you prefer to travel?
Length of travel itinerary?
Budget per person all-inclusive, except for international airfare.
Thank you for your answers. This will help us know what you are looking for, prior to our phone conversation, or meeting you in our office.
Jim Holden, President, Holden Safaris
1300 Bristol Street N., Suite 100
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Africa is booming so we advise our travelers to book their Safari a year ahead of their desired departure date. Holden Safaris offers custom safaris and Jim is happy to help you plan your ideal trip together with you.
We invite you to come and chat with us at our new office in Newport Beach, CA, over a cup of coffee or tea. Jim will entertain you with his 30+ years of stories and information about Africa.
Best of luck, and the first winner will be announced on our Holden Safaris blog, FaceBook page, on March 31st. Please share this post with anyone you know who has a Safari on their bucket list.
Please sign up for our blog and Facebook Page, to be the first to know when the winner is selected.
Please contact Sonia at (949) 402-7828 or e-mail: SoniaM@holdensafaris.com, with “Contest Question” in the subject line.
Social Media: Sonia Marsh