The elephants are at Mfuwe lodge NOW. You can see them again with us in November 2020.
Journey to Zambia with Holden Safaris; “Appointment with Wonky Tusk’s Family.”
This Safari operates from November 14th-22nd, 2020. You’ll spend 3 nights at Mfuwe Lodge where the elephants stroll through reception when the fruits of the Wild Mango Trees ripen.
Check out the whole digital itinerary with photos of lodges and daily activities listed HERE.
- Morning and afternoon game drives and walks in the South Luangwa National Park; one of the greatest wildlife sanctuaries in the world around the Luangwa River
- Visit to Tribal Textiles where fabric is made for cushion covers, handbags, table cloths and much more.
- Visit the local Community at Chiwawatala. Meet the local people and experience a glimpse of their daily lives.
Visit the Project Luwanga workshop and craft store handmade items by local women including handbags, fabrics, lithograph print cards, beads and more.
You’ll also stay at the Royal Zambezi Lodge for 4 nights: Here you’ll have a completely different environment and experience.
- Have you tried cooking a pizza in a termite. mound? Meet our professional TV celebrity who will cook what we want in unique bush locations as we sip our wine and gin and tonics.
- Special recipes will be cooked based on our request.
- Sunset cruises with cocktails along the Zambezi river.
- Prime time photographic wildlife viewings. There is a strong, diverse population of big game in the Lower Zambezi.
- Elephant and buffalo sightings are common as they like to swim between the mosaic of islands on the river.
Lions, hyenas, leopards and wild dogs are the main predators in the areas. Leopards especially feel at home because of the many large trees, in which this slightly elusive cat likes to hide.
- Meet Nurse Rosemary who delivers the babies.
- Baby Claire was the first baby delivered on December 12, 2016. Since then 200 babies have been delivered in the village.
- Visit to the Doctor’s new house.
- Meet two U.S. students who volunteer at the center.
- Relax and have a massage overlooking the Zambezi River.
For more information on this unique Safari please contact
JimH@HoldenSAfaris .com (949) 500-0094
or SoniaM@HoldenSafaris.com (949) 402-7828